1. Firman issued by
#Aurangzeb to convert Hindus. Rs 4 for a Hindu male Rs 2 for a female. Dated: 7 Apr 1685
2. If Devi Chand, Zamindar of Manoharpur, who’s in prison, becomes Muslim, better for him. Else he be killed.
(Darbar Khan was ordered (by Aurangzeb) to send a parwanah to Ihatmam Khan, Kotwal of Garhvitli (at Ajmer) with above instructions)
3. Shaikh Abdul Momin, Faujdar of Bithur, wrote he had converted 150 Hindus & had given them saropas and cash. ‘Go on giving them’, replied Aurangzeb
4. Aurangzeb’s order for demolishing the temple at Goner(Amber) Siyaha Akhbarat-i-Darbar-i-Mu’alla Julus, 28 Mar 1686.
5. Demolition of Bindu-Madhav Temple at Banaras. Siyah Akhbarat-i-Darbar-i- Mu’alla Julus 26, Ramzan 20 / 13 Sep 1682
6. Orders to Jawahar Chand, Daroga of the beldars, that whichever temples come in the way of the Emperor be demolished.
7. Orders 4 demolition of Jagannath Temple, Orissa Siyah Akhbarat-i-Darbar-i-Mu’alla Julus 24,Jamadi I, 23 / 01 Jun1681
8. Orders for the destruction of temples on the bank of Maharana’s lake, Udaipur. 23rd December 1679.
9. Painting: Demolition of Keshava Rai temple at Mathura. (13th January / 11th February 1670)
10. Proclamations of the demolition of the temple of Kashi Vishwanath (Banaras), August 1669 A.D. Gyanvapi Mosque stands there today
11. Even to look at a temple is a sin for a Musalman -Aurangzeb. Umurat-i-Hazur Kishwar-Kashai Julus / 13 Oct 1666
12. Demolition of Kalka’s Temple near Delhi – I. Siyah Waqa’i- Darbar Regnal Year 10, Rabi I, 23 / 3 Sep 1667.
13. General Order by Aurangzeb for the Destruction of Temples. (9th April 1669)
14. Aurangzeb also ordered to demolish 8-10 Century LaxmiNarayan temple in Chamba, HP. Temple museum still have the Farman from Aurangzeb.
Serials 1-13: aurangzeb.info
Serial 14: https://twitter.com/ChankyaBihar/status/929774657338773510
One thought on “On Aurangzeb”
The government still needs the courts to hear regarding temples demolition. It is time it ordered that all mosques built on temples that have been razed to be handed over to temple authorities as their property once and for all.
No appeals to be entertained